Director of Product Management
Increased traffic during a down market and raised Hitwise ranking from 11 to 3 (#1 brokerage website) in the Real Estate vertical. through successful implementation of projects including website redesign, ongoing usability testing, and building of ZipCommunity from the ground up.
- Lead across the full product lifecycle of website applications, including concept, specification, design, launch and maintenance phases.
- Identify and analyze new opportunities to improve and enhance ZipRealty.com website.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team with marketers, interaction designers, and engineers to define and gather requirements, and implementing projects with a focus on business priorities; Work with the senior management to develop and prioritize product roadmap and strategy.
- Design functional specifications and make tradeoff decisions between functionality and resources/timeframes.
- Conceive, develop, and implement product requirements for new products based on active research of competitive offerings and new industry trends and sharing findings.
- Work closely with technology leadership to manage all stages of the product development process, optimize processes efficiencies and improve inter-departmental communication and collaboration.
- Evangelize collaboration tools such as wiki and administer project management applications Work with tools such as Omniture, design and A/B and multivariate testing to gather intelligence.
- Manage production and UI project stages from conception to launch, including project support, usage reporting, project compliance and conflict resolution.
- Participate in project definition activities with other business stakeholder and help maintain all appropriate tools that impact project tracking, i.e. bug tracking system, online collaboration tools, etc.
- Help develop procedures and monitor project effectiveness to ensure effective post launch.
- Responsible for scoping projects, communicating with idea originators and the development team, and managing these projects from inception through completion.
- Developed documentation for operations and processes, as well as recommendations in future strategy and best practices.
Brought in to manage projects for web marketing initiatives and campaigns.
Responsibilities entail overseeing website launches and redesigns, managing project teams, evaluating relationships with external vendors, training content owners on web production concepts, implementing new processes and content management policies and handling support issues.
Created and managed production processes and user guidelines for Oracle proprietary content management system.
Led large-scale globalization project which centralized 57 international websites, facilitating maintenance and administration.
Advanced to assume responsibility for managing production of Oracle homepage and site redesigns. Position encompassed coordinating international websites for Oracle Worldwide Marketing, managing support tickets and webmaster correspondence, handling website migrations, supervising promotional web campaigns, conducting usability and accessibility training, performing user acceptance testing, coordinating tradeshow schedules, identifying and troubleshooting software defects and writing for Oracle magazine.
Chosen to manage production release projects for a creative Internet company. Duties involved defining projects scope, timeline and required resources; participating in functional and creative design review; improving and enhancing development process; researching and implementing e-commerce standards and best practices; and interacting with internal departments, vendors and partners. Implemented innovative marketing tools including subscription service for e-commerce engine and third-party promotions, increasing number of orders and revenue.
Increased website traffic by 20% through launching new channels, implementing promotions and tracking performance statistics.
Recruited to coordinate software products development throughout the lifecycle for Download.com. Scope of responsibility included developing product positioning, packaging and pricing strategies; maintaining software library; responding to user issues; interacting with developers; producing and managing desktop enhancements, drivers and website features; and contributing to weekly newsletter distributed to millions of subscribers.
Hired by a provider of credit services to conduct legal research on client credit issues. Duties entailed aiding in website design and content development; analyzing marketing information and web traffic data; creating customer interaction mechanisms including forms, correspondence and e-mail responses; and designing fulfillment system.
Asian Markets Analyst/Marketing Assistant
Brought in to conduct research on planned projects for the Asian Markets Group. Responsibilities included launching and administering Chinese website, translating documents, writing newspaper ads and marketing brochures and providing general marketing support.
Partner/Web Designer/Project Planner
Selected for a television interview with The Site, a Ziff-Davis program on MSNBC for developing unique website.
Co-founded a successful web development company. Position includes initiating and sending proposals to prospective corporate and non-profit clients, creating marketing plan, conducting research and producing and maintaining a website targeting Asian American women.