Summary of Qualifications
Highly motivated and results-oriented web professional experienced in web production content management, globalization, social media, community management, and creating great user experiences on websites and web applications.
September 2010 — Present
Owner and operator of a boutique web consulting and web production company serving small business, individual, and nonprofit pro bono clients.
Web Manager, F.U.N. Mothers Club (September 2013 – Present)
- Redesigned Funmothersclub.org and migrated to new hosts
- Administrator for Bigtent
- Managed social media presence on Facebook
Web Manager & Community Manager, Castro Valley Mothers Club (September 2009 – Present)
- Migrated CVMC forum from Yahoo Groups to FindSmithGroup, then from FindSmith Group to Bigtent.
- Redesigned and re-architected the public website at Castrovalleymothersclub.com.
- Moderate and enforce Online Posting Guidelines.
- Administrator and Point Person for Bigtent-related issues.
Advertising Coordinator, Castro Valley Mothers Club (September 2011 – January 2013)
- Created Online Advertising Guidelines and Specifications.
- Managed Google Affiliate Network, Facebook Ad, Website sponsorship, and E-Blast advertising.
- Create invoice and collect payments relating to advertisements on CVMC website and community.
Director of Product Development, ZipRealty, Inc.
Emeryville, CA. May 2007 — September 2010
- Launch and manage ZipCommunity, an online community and forum for consumers and ZipRealty agents.
- Lead across the full product lifecycle of website applications, including concept, specification, design, launch and maintenance phases.
- Identify and analyze new opportunities to improve and enhance ZipRealty.com website.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team with marketers, interaction designers, and engineers to define and gather requirements, and implementing projects with a focus on business priorities; Work with the senior management to develop and prioritize product roadmap and strategy.
- Design functional specifications and make tradeoff decisions between functionality and resources/timeframes.
- Conceive, develop, and implement product requirements for new products based on active research of competitive offerings and new industry trends and sharing findings.
- Work closely with technology leadership to manage all stages of the product development process, optimize processes efficiencies and improve inter-departmental communication and collaboration.
- Evangelize collaboration tools such as wiki and administer project management applications
- Work with tools such as Omniture, design and A/B and multivariate testing to gather intelligence.
Project Manager, IGN Entertainment, Fox Interactive Media
Brisbane, California. March 2006 — March 30,2007
Create daily reports to Directors and CTO, create requirements documents, facilitate meetings, draft functional requirement, test, and document web applications. Manage production and UI project stages from conception to launch, including project support, usage reporting, project compliance and conflict resolution. Participate in project definition activities with other business stakeholder and help maintain all appropriate tools that impact project tracking, i.e. bug tracking system, online collaboration tools, etc. Help develop procedures and monitor project effectiveness to ensure effective post launch.
Web Producer, IGN Entertainment
Brisbane, California. May 2005 – March 2006
Create design mockups, UI designs, web programming, facilitate meetings, draft functional requirement, test and document web applications, drive review and approval process, technical implementation, and manage projects from inception to completion.
Developed new site search engine with Lucene, implemented on IGN.com, GameSpy.com, Cheatscodesguides.com, and Gamestats.com. Chosen to manage, track, coordinate and report daily to CTO all project status and site usage summary for Engineering and Production.
Web Producer, Wine.com
San Francisco, California. September 2004 – February 2005
Facilitate the technical and content objectives for all website related programs for the E-tailer. Responsible for scoping projects, communicating with idea originators and the development team, and managing these projects from inception through completion. Developed documentation for operations and processes, as well as recommendations for future strategy and best practices.
Senior Web Producer, PestPatrol Incorporated
Carlisle, Pennsylvania. March 2004 – September 2004
Brought in to manage projects for web marketing initiatives and campaigns. Responsibilities entailed overseeing website launches and redesigns, managing project teams, evaluating relationships with external vendors, training content owners on web production concepts, implementing new processes and content management policies and handling support issues. Worked closely with executive owners regularly on website redesign and information architecture.
Instrumental in increasing monthly sales by 300% through effective management of Internet redesign projects and improving website layout and navigation.
Senior Web Producer, Oracle Corporation
Redwood City, California. December 2000 – December 2003
Advanced to assume responsibility for managing production of Oracle homepage and site redesigns. Position encompassed coordinating international websites for Oracle Worldwide Marketing, managing support tickets and webmaster correspondence, handling website migrations, supervising promotional web campaigns, conducting usability and accessibility training, performing user acceptance testing, coordinating tradeshow schedules, identifying and troubleshooting software defects and writing a column for Oracle magazine.
Developed innovative HTML templates in foreign languages, applying Unicode standard and utilizing multi-byte character sets.
Created and managed production processes and user guidelines for Oracle proprietary content management system. Led large-scale globalization project which centralized 57 international websites, facilitating maintenance and administration.
Producer, Strategic Partnerships, Petopia.com
San Francisco, California. June 2000 – December 2000
Chosen to manage production release projects for a creative Internet company. Duties involved defining projects scope, timeline and required resources; participating in functional and creative design review; improving and enhancing development process; researching and implementing e-commerce standards and best practices; and interacting with internal departments, vendors and partners.
Implemented innovative marketing tools including subscription service for e-commerce engine and third-party promotions, increasing number of orders and revenue.
Associate Producer, CNET Incorporated
San Francisco, California. March 1999 – June 2000
Recruited to coordinate software products development throughout the lifecycle for Download.com. Scope of responsibility included developing product positioning, packaging and pricing strategies; maintaining software library; responding to user issues; interacting with developers; producing and managing desktop enhancements, drivers and website features; and contributing to weekly newsletter distributed to millions of subscribers.
Increased website traffic by 20% through launching new channels, implementing promotions and implementing strategies based on analysis of tracked performance statistics.
Content Developer/Producer, Credit.com LLC
San Francisco, California. March 1998 – March 1999
Hired by a provider of credit services to conduct legal research on client credit issues and build an online repository of consumer credit information. Duties entailed aiding in website design and content development; analyzing marketing information and web traffic data; creating customer interaction mechanisms including forms, correspondence and e-mail responses; and designing fulfillment system.
Developed detailed consumer credit law library for YourCredit.com website that included legal references from all 50 states.
Language: Fluent in English and Chinese (read, write, and speak Mandarin)
Technical Expertise: web development tools, processes, and technologies
Computer Platforms: PC, Macintosh, UNIX (Solaris), Linux.
Claremont McKenna College Claremont, California
Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, Economics and Asian Studies